After looking over the course objectives again and reflecting on my results from the quiz we took, I came up with three goals for myself that I would like to achieve, or at least make significant progress toward.
Goal 1. Learn the major differences between cultures and how that pertains to healthcare.
Goal 2. Actively adjust my preconceptions about different ethnicities and cultures
Goal 3. Open my medical knowledge to include what we in the west often call alternative medicine and acknowledge its benefits, both real and unsubstantiated, to patients.
We both hope to use what we learn in this class and apply it to real life. I'm working on my preconceptions about different ethnicities and cultures as well. I'm also really hoping to learn more about alternative medicines and how they relate to different cultures. I hadn't thought about this topic specifically towards healthcare but I feel that's a great way to narrow it down and focus on something specific.
ReplyDelete